How to Stay Summer Body Ready Year Round

Sometimes getting fit turns out to be an unhealthy endeavor if we are referring to crash diets, binge eating, or jumping into a workout routine head first after long periods of time off. All of these behaviors can end up hurting our metabolism in the end and causing further discouragement when we don’t see results right off the bat.

Here’s the secret–great things take time. The truth is, when you make a lifestyle change, you shouldn’t be looking for a quick fix. If you want real results, you’re going to have to be patient– trust us, it’s worth the wait.

If you’re looking to make a lifestyle change, but aren’t quite sure where to start, take a look at GRIT BOX Fitness’ tips on how to stay summer body ready year round:

Circuit Training

There’s no question as to why GRIT BOX Fitness can’t get enough of circuit training. Each boot camp class blends the perfect amount of cardio and strength to help our members gain strength and increase cardiovascular capabilities. Not to mention, each class encompasses a variation of different workouts that keep class interesting and our member’s on their toes.

Keeping high intensity workouts constantly varied enables your body to stay confused, which means you stay beach body ready all year long. If you haven’t tried a HIIT workout, come see what you’re missing out on.

80/20 Healthy Lifestyle

The truth is, life isn’t 100% kale and cucumbers all the time. We understand you’ll have those nights where you just can’t and won’t say no to pizza and beer–we certainly don’t blame you.

The trick is to find the perfect balance within your diet and lifestyle by following along with the 80/20 rule. This means, 80% of your meals for the week are health oriented and the other 20% is for girls night out, a dinner at your favorite Italian restaurant, or a simply cheating on your favorite cocktail.

P.s. – here is our favorite Italian restaurant in the low country. Try not to drool (like we are). 

Stop Crash Dieting

One of the worst things you can do to harm your metabolism is crash dieting. Starting a new diet is hard, however beginning a new diet that’s a drastic change is even harder. Refrain from a drastic change in your diet by making gradual changes towards a healthier lifestyle. Simply swapping out your white bread and pasta for whole wheat products or switching your cheerios for oatmeal in the morning are great small strides you can make to live a healthier life.

Above all, finding a balance in your workout routine and nutrition is crucial to staying summer body ready year-round and loving your the skin you’re in, no matter what time of year it is. If you have questions or inquiries about nutrition, personal training, kickboxing, or boot camp class, contact us today !

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *